Thom Shea: Making Complex Things Simple
In this episode of the Championship Leadership podcast, Thom Shea talks about making complex things simple, the importance of having a coach, and staying true to your word.
Grab a copy of Thom’s best-selling book “Unbreakable” here on Amazon. Click the image below!
In This Episode:
- [2:25] What does championship leadership mean to Thom?
- [4:04] SEALs do the basic things better than anybody else.
- [5:39] Making complex things simple.
- [7:33] What brought Thom to where he is today?
- [9:31] His time in Afghanistan, making complex things simple.
- [10:35] Leaders that have impacted Thom.
- [13:20] The importance of having a coach.
- [15:28] How he deals with coaching pushbacks.
- [16:39] Some of the top lessons from Thom’s book.
- [22:12] Critical moments in life for Thom.
- [24:54] What you can take from this episode and implement inside of your life.
“Making complex things simple… and the person that does that wins”
“If you want to sustain yourself in combat, you have to be able to do something very simple when the conditions don’t really relegate themselves to simplicity”
“You can only learn so much by yourself”
“You’re never gonna get coached if you want an easy way to do something”
“The more pushback the more growth can happen.”
“Do what you say you’re gonna do”
“The key relationships at home either crush you or build you”
“If you tackle impossible things, what you get from it is more rewarding”
About The Guest:
Thom Shea is the founder and CEO of Adamantine Alliance, a leadership, team building, and training organization dedicated to rapid, sustainable growth for his clients.
Thom conducts training seminars and keynote presentations throughout the nation and serves as a strategic advisor for leaders and executives across the globe.
Thom trains executives to lead and to create a culture of teamwork, growth, and inclusion. “Honor your word, never give up on yourself, and lead people so that they may thrive.”
Are You A Subscriber?
Subscribe to the podcast by selecting your preferred audio player, and don’t forget to leave a review as well:
Connect With Nate:
Set out on the path to live the life you want with Nate’s free ebook 100 Mile Mindset