In this episode of the Championship Leadership podcast, Edward Beyers talks about his faith, his experience in the military, and receiving a medal of honor.
In This Episode:
- [2:32] What does championship leadership mean to Edward?
- [3:50] What brought Edward to where he is today?
- [10:46] Pay it forward
- [13:56] How did receiving a medal of honor impacted his life
- [21:28] Him influencing other people
- [25:23] His faith
- [32:31] What you can take from this episode and implement inside of your life.
“Building trust through your actions”
“You work for them as much as they work for you”
“It’s important to pay it forward”
“You never join the military thinking you’re going to become a medal of honor recipient”
“You have to create your own destiny”
“It’s okay to take a breather and not be so hard on yourself”
“You’re not gonna to be the very best at something the first time you do it”
About The Guest:
Edward C. Byers Jr. (born 4 August 1979) is a retired United States Navy SEAL who received the Medal of Honor on 29 February 2016 for the rescue of a civilian in Afghanistan in 2012. Byers retired after 21 years of active duty service on September 19, 2019 at the Washington Navy Yard.
Are You A Subscriber?
Subscribe to the podcast by selecting your preferred audio player, and don’t forget to leave a review as well:
Connect With Nate:
Set out on the path to live the life you want with Nate’s free ebook 100 Mile Mindset