Joe Williams: The Underappreciated Aspect of Championship Leaders
- Sometimes, the most simple definitions can be the most powerful.
- A championship leader is a cut above. It’s about standards, every single day, and so much more.
- Joe was not a born leader; he had stage fright when he first started.
- Communication is one of the most important and vital parts of being a leader.
- Continuing to work at skills that don’t come easily, and the payoff will be very much worth it.
- It takes a certain amount of throwing caution to the wind to make your leadership your own.
- There are multiple different definitions of leaders: there is no right or wrong, it’s just having the maturity to be able to step into any different style as needed.
- Managing and mastering the skill of communication is necessary for making a difference in the world as a leader.
- There is a lesson and a gift in EVERYTHING that happens to you.
- There are definitely lessons that can be learned by seizing the day.
- Most people only look at the downsides of tragedies, but it takes a real championship leader to, in addition to that, take it as a learning experience.
- Championship leaders own their nature, regardless of what has happened to them. They recognize their strengths and weaknesses, and they own them.
- Don’t be like anyone else, do what you do and own it.
- Acknowledge the influence of someone in your life that is well known and/or very successful, but don’t become a carbon copy. Own that, and own yourself.
“You can be a born leader, but you can always become a better leader.”
“Leaders don’t just have a vision, they foster a shared vision.”
“The greatest championship leaders always surround themselves with a team that’s better than they are.”
“The world needs MORE leaders, not less.”
“The definition of a leader is how many leaders you help create.”
“Be present with today; there might not be tomorrow.”
“Look at what you’re great at and what you suck at, and own it.”
“People don’t remember what was said, they remember how they felt.”
“Don’t try to be a carbon copy.”
“Fulfillment is an art, achievement is a science.”
More On Joe Williams:
Joe Williams is an internationally-known speaker, strategic expert, and consultant who has spoken to tens of thousands of people around the world. Through his personal experience as an entrepreneur and as a top performing salesperson, Joe has developed a worldwide reputation for his ability to electrify audiences and move them to action.
As Founder of the Creative Performance Group, he helps people get their message out to the world in the most powerful way possible. He created The Speakers Bootcamp over 15 years ago which is an intensive training that has created hundreds of other successful speakers, coaches, consultants and authors.
Joe’s career started in financial services, as a top performing salesperson with one of the largest insurance firms in the world. Joe then launched a consulting company to the financial services industry. His largest client went on to become one of the most successful firms of the 90s. He then became a passionate student of personal and professional development
techniques. He used these concepts to launch and build a new company into a cutting edge telecommunications giant with over 5000 salespeople worldwide. The company went public when Joe was 26.
In 1991, Joe was introduced to Anthony Robbins. He began working as a Trainer and was quickly promoted to Master Trainer, then began speaking and conducting seminars as a lead speaker. He has been Senior Head Trainer and Speaker at Wealth Mastery, Leadership Academy, Date with Destiny and Business Mastery as well as the European instructor for thePower to Influence business seminar.
His work has led him to consult with companies in a diverse number of fields such as financial services, aerospace, retail business, internet and software, direct sales, publishing, entertainment and the federal government. Joe has trained over 300,000 people and is responsible for helping his clients create over $50 Billion in new business!
He has worked with executives in organizations such as…U.S. Department of Defense, Boeing, American Express, Ford, McGraw-Hill, Harris Corporation, John Goyak and Associates, VMS Gruppe, Cubic Corporation, Bell South, BAE, Time Warner, Lockheed-Martin, Primerica, SAIC, NuVasive and others.
Paul’s website JoeWilliamsOnline.com!
Watch this episode on YouTube!
Go to ProRevLive.com to book your tickets today!
To get on our weekly email list and to get a FREE PDF of the best-selling book Live Your Legacy go to championshipleadership.com!