Jason Hull: Create And Maintain The Trust Of A Powerful Team
- A championship leader sets an example for the team.
- Giving people tasks and telling them to do it is transactional leadership. This is exciting for entrepreneurs, but it will become painful quickly.
- With transactional leadership you’re building a team of people who don’t win, so technically it’s a team of losers. If they have successes, they’re really you’re successes.
- People don’t want to simply follow a checklist, they want to have meaning.
- Transformational leadership is the opposite of transactional leadership; you’re helping your team become leaders.
- You can’t be a transformational leader with contractors.
- The real trick is identifying your real area of genius, and focusing solely on that.
- A property manager is a key member of your team.
- When you give people a bigger vision, it gives them something to fight for.
- Championship leaders don’t only have the visions, they have the ability to transfer that vision to the team.
“Turn your team members into leaders.”
“‘A’ players want to win.”
“Not everyone is driven by money.”
“There is a lot of scarcity in the transactional leader.”
“Do more and more of less.”
“Inspire others to love true principles.”
“Entrepreneurs see opportunities everywhere.”
“Doing less allows you to accomplish more.”
More On Jason Hull:
Jason Hull got his entrepreneurial start after working for a few tech companies and then going through divorce that drove his need to have more time with his kids. Like many entrepreneurs, he gave up safety & certainty of a job to allow him greater freedom – and he did it for family – to be able to spend time with his 2 daughters. Once the fire of entrepreneurism was lit, he couldn’t put it out.
Jason’s mission in life is to inspire others to love true principles. This means he loves uncovering & learning what works and sharing it with others. Jason has an uncanny ability to research, improve existing systems, and put ideas together.
He launched OpenPotion, a web design agency back in 2008. He has been helping property management business owners ever since he first helped his brother with a website for his new property management business. The savviest in the industry were quickly attracted to what he was doing.
A self-proclaimed hermit, Jason has enjoyed being able to help grow businesses from wherever he called home & operating in the background. He has been the secret weapon of those savvy property management entrepreneurs for a decade.
With a little pushing and prodding from both coaches & clients, Jason realized he would have to be the one to create the change that he was wanting to see happen in the property management industry. He launched DoorGrow with the mission to “Transform Property Management Businesses & Their Owners” with the intention of transforming the entire industry through his followers & clients.
Jason is challenging the status quo and disrupting the accepted group-think existing in the industry that assumes that you need to do costly marketing (advertising) in order to grow. He also is shifting his clients’ focus from fighting over the small amount of existing market share to creating new market share instead.
Jason is married to his business partner & wife Ashley. Together they run their businesses & are raising their 3 daughters & son from their home in Valencia, California.
He is the founder of DoorGrow, host of the #DoorGrowShow Podcast, the genius behind the Seed Package (the “ultimate foundation for property management growth”), and the facilitator of the DoorGrow & Scale Mastermind.
Watch out… he is just getting started
Check out Jason’s website DoorGrow.com!
Listen to Jason’s podcast at DoorGrowShow.com!
Join the community at DoorGrowClub.com!
Connect with Jason on Instagram and Twitter!
Go to ProRevLive.com to book your tickets today!
To get on our weekly email list and to get a FREE PDF of the best-selling book Live Your Legacy go to championshipleadership.com!